Bhutan Travel Cost.
The Daily Bhutan travel cost for visiting Bhutan is also referred to as the Minimum Daily Tariff. This Tariff is fixed by the Government and applicable for both Cultural tour and trekking and is as follows:
Group of 3 people or more:
- Peak season months: March, April, May, September, October & November, the rate is USD $250 per person per night.
- Lean season months: June, July, August, December, January & February, the rate is USD $ 200 per person per night.
F I T Surcharge: Tourists travelling in a group of two (2) persons or less shall be subject to a surcharge, in addition to Daily Bhutan Travel cost.
These are as follows:
- Single individual – US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons only – US$ 30 per person per night
Cost is inclusive of:
- All Meals [Breakfast /Lunch/Dinner & Evening tea]
- Accommodation in 3 star Hotel/Resorts [Twin / double Sharing]. Single Room Supplement US $: 40 per room per night.
- All transportation within the country including airport transfers (SUV, Mini Bus or Larger Bus depending on the group size).
- Royalty US $ 65 per person per night & Govt. Taxes.
- Entrance fees for Museums and Monuments.
- Bhutan visa Fee.
- English speaking local Guide.
- Bottled water.
Bhutan Travel Cost exclusive of:
- Airfare (International or Domestic).
- Insurance Premiums.
- Payments for service provided on a personal basis.
- Cost for any services not mentioned in the “Cost Include head”.
- Cost incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc.
- Personal expense in items such as laundry, soft drinks, Camera Charges, incidentals, Portage, Bellboy charges tips or any other services.
While on a trek, cost covers:
- All 3 meals.
- Services of a Guide, Cook and Helper.
- Ponies/ Yaks to carry the supplies.
- Trekking permit fees.
- Tents and equipment.
Discounts on Bhutan Travel cost:
- There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years on Bhutan travel cost. However, those between the ages of 6-12 years accompanied by elders/ guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates.
- Full time STUDENTS below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall be given a 25% discount on daily rates.
- A discount of 50% on daily rates for Bhutan trips shall be given to one person in a group of 11 to 15 people.
- 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
Bhutan trip programmes booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges on Bhutan travel cost as follows:
- Within 16 – 30 days of start of program – 50% of rate
- Within 15 days – 100% of rate
- After arrival in Bhutan- 100% of rate